European Commission Vice President Vera Jourova, after meetings with representatives of TikTok and X, confirmed that social media platforms need to intensify their efforts to confront illegal hate speech.
Jourova, the European Union commissioner responsible for the digital economy, met with TikTok CEO Xu Qiu and X’s head of global affairs, Nick Pickles, as the European Union investigates efforts by major technology companies to remove harmful content.
Tech giants have faced increased scrutiny in the past month, with an increase in harmful content and misinformation following events since October 7.
The European Union is looking to prevent disinformation from influencing the EU Parliament elections in June 2024.
Under the EU Digital Services Act, which came into effect a year ago, very large technology platforms and search engines must do more to tackle harmful and illegal content or risk fines.
TikTok said that artificial intelligence and more than 6,000 moderators have removed millions of posts since October 7, and that it has a large team dedicated to removing violent content related to children.
Jourova said on the “X” platform and through her spokesman that she was happy with some improvements and urged “Tik Tok” to continue to intensify its work against illegal and harmful content and child abuse.
Jourova noted that X does not have a sufficient number of employees who speak some European Union languages to counter disinformation and expressed concern about reports of large numbers of violent and illegal content.
According to Jourova’s spokesman, Pickles said violent content flourished on the Internet after the “Hamas attack,” and not just on X.
Jourova, who previously met with executives at Meta and YouTube, said that less language coverage compared to other large platforms made her concerned about X’s preparations for the European Union elections.
The Mexican Congress listens to controversial evidence about the reality of “non-human beings”!
A team of scientists has told the Mexican Congress that an analysis of mummified remains claimed to be evidence of non-human life has proven they are “real”.
However, experts declined to indicate whether they believed the samples, which were initially presented to the Legislature in September, were extraterrestrial.
Journalist and UFO expert, Jaime Mosan, first presented the small human figures to Mexico’s Congress two months ago, claiming they had been found in Peru. In his presentation to lawmakers, Mosan stated that this evidence was evidence of the existence of “non-human beings who are not part of our terrestrial evolution.”
“They are real,” Roger Zuniga, an anthropologist at National San Luis Gonzaga University, told Reuters on the sidelines of a three-hour legislative session on Tuesday to discuss the mummified three-toed specimens.
“There was absolutely no human intervention in the physical and biological composition of these organisms,” he said, adding that scientists closely studied five similar specimens over four years.
Zuniga also submitted to the Mexican Congress a letter signed by 11 researchers from the university who reached the same conclusion. However, the letter stressed that they had not concluded that the mummified remains were “extraterrestrial.”
Dr. Daniel Mendoza, who also participated in Tuesday’s session, provided X-rays and photographs of the specimens, referring to them as “non-human.” Mosan claimed that because they had no lungs or ribs, the corpses indicated a “new species.”
The presentation, made in September, sparked widespread scrutiny online and was speculated to be a hoax after it emerged that Mossan had made a similar claim in 2017. In that case, analysis showed the samples were “newly manufactured dolls, covered in a mixture of paper and synthetic glue.” To simulate the presence of skin.
When asked about the previous samples, Zuniga said they were probably fake. However, he added that the remains he and his colleagues recently studied were very real, and at one time were living organisms.
Sergio Gutierrez, a congressman from Mexico’s ruling Morena party, said the evidence that emerged during Tuesday’s hearing proves that the country’s officials must disclose all the information they have about unidentified flying objects, now officially known as UAP (unidentified anomalous phenomena).
However, Mosan admitted that his view on the samples differs somewhat from the scientific consensus. He said: “None of the scientists say that the results of the study prove that they are aliens, but I go further than that.”
Kalashnikov is testing an advanced model of its suicide drones
Foundation announced successful tests on a modified model of the “Cube” suicide drone.
Regarding the issue, the head of the organization, Alan Lushnikov, said: “We conducted successful tests on modified and improved models of the Cube drones, as these drones obtained greater striking capabilities and their range became longer.”
He added: “There was a desire to improve the range and striking power of these drones. We developed modified versions of them, and conducted successful tests on them this year. The drones that have now been put into production have obtained better combat features thanks to the increased mass of their warhead. We are currently working on developing new systems.” “It will increase the accuracy of these drones in hitting their targets, and will help them avoid the effects of electronic warfare weapons.”
Lushnikov pointed out that the “Cube” suicide drones have become an indispensable weapon for Russian army fighters in the special military operation area. They are lightweight, invisible, and almost silent. They can be launched individually or in groups to strike enemy targets accurately. They are easy to use and anyone can use them. Almost a fighter used it.
The speed of these drones reaches 130 km/h, and they can fly for approximately 30 minutes, transport an explosive payload weighing up to 3 kg, and can accurately strike enemy personnel, vehicles, and combat vehicles.